Donald Trump is taking a high stakes trip to Asia.
He’s traveling during the middle of a nuclear standoff with the increasingly belligerent Kim Jong Un.
Now word has leaked out that North Korea could target him with this ultimate weapon.
As Trump departs for a nine day, five-country trip to Asia, North Korea is revving up their war machine.
And they may be set for their greatest provocation.
South Korean intelligence reports Kim Jong Un is moving missiles and assets in place for what could be another nuclear test.
But this time it would be a live explosion over the Pacific Ocean while Donald Trump is in the region.
The Sun reports:
“NORTH Korea could be preparing another ballistic missile test after “brisk activity” at one of Kim Jong-un’s nuclear research facilities, according to local media.
South Korea’s spy agency is anticipating another rocket launch, insisting the crackpot state would continuously push to develop “miniaturised, diversified” warheads.
The South’s National Intelligence Service (NIS) has spotted “active movement” of vehicles at Kim’s research centre in Pyongyang – indicating the war-hungry despot is preparing another test.
The NIS also mentioned damage to the Punggye-ri nuclear site in the north-east of the country after three aftershocks following the North’s sixth and most powerful nuclear test on September 3.”
South Korea spy agency predicts North Korea may be preparing for additional nuclear and missile tests, as Pres. Trump prepares to visit Asia
— Will Ripley (@willripleyCNN) November 3, 2017
North Korea lost access to their underground site when the mountain above it collapsed after they detonated a hydrogen bomb in September.
An open air hydrogen bomb test would be the first one since China in 1980.
And a key North Korean official told CNN to take the threat of an above ground hydrogen bomb test seriously:
“The official, Ri Yong Pil, told CNN in an exclusive conversation in Pyongyang that the threat made by North Korea’s foreign minister last month should not be dismissed. North Korea “has always brought its words into action,” Ri said, visibly angry.
Speaking on a visit to New York for the United Nations General Assembly last month, Ri Yong Ho, the foreign minister, raised the possibility that North Korea could test a powerful hydrogen bomb over the Pacific Ocean. The threat came hours after US President Donald Trump threatened to “totally destroy” North Korea in a speech to the UN.
“The foreign minister is very well aware of the intentions of our supreme leader, so I think you should take his words literally,” Ri told CNN in Pyongyang.”
Firing off a hydrogen bomb over the Pacific when the President of the United States is in the region would be the closest provocation to war short of launching an invasion of South Korea.
We will keep you up to date on any new developments in this story.