Tensions between North Korea and the West are reaching a breaking point.

The United States and the communist country are on the brink of war after years of escalating tensions between the two nations.

After North Korean Dictator Kim Jong-un made a very public display of their latest military technology, President Trump responded in kind to the perceived threat.

Trump said he has “some pretty severe things” in mind for North Korea.

Though he does not wish to draw red lines in the country, Trump claimed to be considering many different ways to respond to North Korea’s aggression towards the U.S.

Kim Jong-un’s most recent display of aggression only further justifies the need for action to be taken against the country, especially when considering the threat was pointedly made at the United States.

The Daily Caller reported:

“It’s a shame they’re behaving this way. They’re behaving in a very, very dangerous manner and something will have to be done about it,” Trump said during a news conference Thursday with Polish President Andrzej Duda.

“As far as North Korea is concerned, I don’t know, we will see what happens,” Trump said. “I have some pretty severe things that we are thinking about. That doesn’t mean we are going to do it. I don’t draw red lines.”

While former president Barack Obama opted to take a “wait and see” approach to foreign policy, Trump’s administration is preparing for the worst if need be.

The rogue nation and its trigger-happy leader will certainly face retribution if yet another threat is made, though such a war would be unlike anything anyone else has seen before, according to Defense Secretary Mattis.

Secretary Mattis spoke to reporters at the Pentagon, revealing the launching of the intercontinental ballistic missile does not automatically bring the U.S. closer to war with North Korea — but that every preparation and precaution are being taken seriously.

The Washington Post reported:

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis told reporters at the Pentagon on Thursday that the launch of the ICBM does not alone bring the United States closer to war. Mattis described ongoing efforts to pressure North Korea as “purely diplomatically led” with a focus on economic sanctions.

Mattis said the United States is still analyzing the reentry vehicle in the ICBM launched this week. U.S. defense against North Korean missiles are sufficient, and the United States knew quickly that the missile had been launched, he said.
“We assume these sorts of things from him,” Mattis said of North Korea’s leader. “We were on duty. As you all know, the radars were up and operating.”

War may become inevitable, but for now, President Trump is focusing on remaining diplomatic in order to preserve some form of peace between our two countries.

Leave us your thoughts in the comments section below.