Obama’s promise of better health insurance a sad punchline in latest poll

Americans with Obamacare plans are sick and tired of Obamacare, reporting they are dramatically less satisfied with their plans than Americans were before Obamacare was enacted.

The Kaiser Family Foundation finds about only three quarters of Obamacare customers are satisfied with their plans.

Only 53% of them feel better off under the scheme.

Among those getting subsidies, it was only 57%.

That’s pathetic, paling in comparison to Americans’ satisfaction with non-Obamacare plans.

None other than PolitiFact finds 87% of Americans were happy with their private health insurance plans before Obamacare was enacted.

PolitiFact reports:

Here’s what we found, poll by poll, in reverse chronological order:

  • Quinnipiac University, Sept. 2009. “How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?” 54 percent very satisfied, 34 percent somewhat. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.
  • Quinnipiac University, June 2009. “How satisfied are you with your health insurance plan?” 49 percent very satisfied, 36 somewhat satisfied. Total: 85 percent satisfaction.ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. “For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. … Your health insurance coverage.” 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.
  • Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2009. “Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?” 21 percent extremely satisfied, 37 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 88 percent satisfaction.
  • ABC News/Washington Post, June 2009. “For each specific item I name, please tell me whether you are very satisfied with it, somewhat satisfied, somewhat dissatisfied or very dissatisfied. … Your health insurance coverage.” 42 percent very satisfied, 39 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 81 percent satisfaction.
  • Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. “Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. … Quality of health care I receive through my (health insurance) plan.” 31 percent extremely satisfied, 41 percent very satisfied, 23 somewhat satisfied. Total: 95 percent satisfaction.
  • Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, Aug. 2008. “Please rate your satisfaction with each of the following aspects of your health care. … Overall satisfaction with my health (insurance) care plan.” 23 percent extremely satisfied, 38 percent very satisfied, 30 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 91 percent satisfaction.
  •  Mathew Greenwald & Associates for the Employee Benefit Research Institute, May 2008. “Overall, how satisfied are you with your current health insurance plan?” 17 percent extremely satisfied, 36 percent very satisfied, 33 percent somewhat satisfied. Total: 86 percent satisfaction.

 If you average these eight scores, the total rate of satisfaction is 87 percent.

An Oct. 2014 Gallup poll finds only 16% of Americans say Obamacare has helped them, while 27% say it has hurt them.

So, we’re spending trillions of dollars wrecking our health care system, and the result is fewer Americans satisfied with their health insurance?