Americans continue to ask questions about the shooting in Las Vegas.

And the story continues to change as new facts are discovered.

Now a judge just dropped a bombshell that revealed an awful secret about the shooter.

Las Vegas Sheriff Joseph Lombardo unveiled a new timeline of the shooting to the public.

In the new telling of events, the gunmen opened fire on a security guard and sprayed 200 rounds into the hallway of the Mandalay Bay hotel six minutes before he opened fire on a country music festival.

This contradicts earlier reports where it had been believed that the gunmen shot the hotel employee after his murderous rampage.

Fox News reports:

“Clark County Sheriff Joe Lombardo said Monday that gunman Stephen Paddock shot and wounded a Mandalay Bay hotel security guard outside his hotel room door and sprayed 200 bullets down the hall six minutes before he opened fire Oct. 1 from his high-rise suite on a crowd at a country music festival below.

That was a different account from the one police gave last week: that Paddock shot the unarmed guard, Jesus Campos, after unleashing his barrage of fire on the crowd, where 58 people were killed and hundreds were injured.

“This remains an ongoing investigation with a lot of moving parts. As evidenced by law enforcement briefings over the past week, many facts are still unverified and continue to change as events are under review,” Debra DeShong, a spokeswoman for MGM Resorts International, said in a statement Tuesday. “We cannot be certain about the most recent timeline that has been communicated publically, and we believe what is currently being expressed may not be accurate.”

Las Vegas police earlier that day defended changes in the timeline.

“We can’t put Band-Aids on everything,” Officer Larry Hadfield, a spokesman for the department, told Fox News on Tuesday when asked about it. He said the information police release is what they know at the time and everything is subject to change as the investigation develops.”

Fox News Channel’s Judge Andrew Napolitano explained why this new timeline raises so many red flags.

It calls into account the hotel’s response and why it took one hour for a SWAT team to arrive if their employee was shot and 200 rounds were discharged on their property before the gunman opened fire on the crowd below.

Fox News also reports:

“Judge Andrew Napolitano, Fox News’ senior judicial analyst, said on “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” that the news from the new timeline is not that the security guard was shot earlier than previously stated, but that the news was “that the agent of the hotel who should have been carrying with him a recording device — a device which would have allowed the head of security or somebody in security to listen in – was shot at 200 times by an automatic weapon.”

He continued, “So Mandalay Bay knew of the existence and presence and workability of the automatic weapon six minutes before he started killing people. That should have triggered an enormous response,” he said, considering the argument lawyers could make to a jury, if it gets to that point.”

We will keep you up to date on any new developments in this story.